Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Windows

This morning I awoke to the sunrise. A fruity affair of mellow cantaloupe and tangy lemons with a mandarin sun.
I was confused. We are going on eight months in this house and I had never before observed the sun rise from my bed.
Our room has four large windows in it. Dave and I, being city folk, were a little wary of these windows.

Windows in the city, mean people looking in. One time, it meant someone actually stopping and talking to us from the sidewalk as we sat on our couch. So we meticulously closed the blinds on the windows every night since we've moved in, thinking that in doing so we were securing our privacy.

Windows in the country, mean people looking out. Several days ago we had the epiphany that we have no neighbors that could possibly look into our bedroom windows, not even with binoculars. All we were doing, in our fear and self-consciousness, was limiting our view.


All these thoughts floated through my mind as I watched the sun rise this morning and I had to admit several disturbing things. Our preconceptions had made us miss many glorious sunrises. The sunrises that I did see, I had to go out of my way to find, when they were actually just beyond my own bedroom window.


God reminded me again, through different symbols, what He has taught me so many times.
Live with your windows open.

 
Fear will not stop the sun rise, it will only hinder your enjoyment of it.


Preconceived ideas only limit our perception of what's good, be open to change when His Spirit
nudges.


Securing our privacy often means missing out.


Stay in bed as late as possible.


I wish I could think of more lessons because I have more pictures. But I can't. If you can, let me know. I'll post the pictures anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...