Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Avonlea's Story

My little girl likes big words. She uses them even though the definition may be vague to her. She wrote this random story and had Dave and I in hysterics. Enjoy.

The Handkerchief

"Come prompt," a voice on the telephone said.
"Okay I'll come at seven o'clock."
"Fine." Click.
Creak, a door opened and a boy about 11 came in. "Hi it's Mom's anniversary, usually we have a party but not today!" he finished with a gesture.
"Where's your dad?"
"Oh he's at the drudgery. My you have huge columns! I guarantee there made from the 1800's?"
"Yes."
"Do you have a cylinder around here?"
"Yes it's very prominent."
"Mom has a way of application so I thought..."the boys words trailed off. He looked sick.
"Are you okay?"
The boy nodded. "Just a second I have to succeed my oxygen."
The man said, "we'll be expecting your Dad any second now."
The boy looked up, "it's all very substantial drudgery."
"Here eat!"
The boy licked his lips. "I'll swallow prompt! Wait I have an earache. Look there's a cardinal."

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...