Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sometimes I remember...


Sometimes I remember.


I remember that I am a continuation of someone.


The source of the spring called "me" began long ago and far away.


I look at the place I occupy now and find it absorbing and it somehow nullifies the past by it's "nowness".


I have always been a wife, mother, teacher.


I have taught ballet at Friday School forever.


I can't recall how it felt to cook with gluten.


That's not the truth.


But I forget it's not the truth.


Tonight as I looked out the window to the balcony I caught a reflection.


It was a reflection of our bedroom.


Over our bed hung a sun and moon mask from Venice.


It's a symbol of dusk.


The calm luminiousness of the moon uniting with the blazing passion of the sun to form a union of moderation; peace.


I used to expand on this theme, every relationship had a dusk, I believed. The passion of personalities finding a safe haven of acceptance. The melding of spirits to produce beauty. The Venn Diagram of life.


I discovered all this while running around Europe.


I was in those days much more the beaming sun than the subtle moon.


I was impulsive and a little, well....wild.


But I was not finished.


God has worked and whispered and sustained and I am changed.


I lived today on fast forward. My full concentration was in the moment and the next moment, I did not once look over my shoulder, until tonight....


When I caught a reflection of the sun and moon that have given theme to my life.


Then I remembered.


I remembered that I am a continuation of someone.


And I am still going...


And this is good....


Because I'm still a little wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...