Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kittens and Harps

I was incredibly nervous yesterday. Nail-gnawing, leg itching nervous. Avonlea was to play her harp at the antique store downtown last night. I was nervous for her.
Fact: I am not nervous when I get up to sing, or speak, or dance, or recite. I've always loved being on stage and could only look in wonder at people who got stage fright.
But for some crazy, sick reason, I was nervous for her.
I didn't need to be, she played beautifully and she looked sweet.

She played for an hour and had a good crowd inside and out.
When she was done performing, she came to me and said, "I love it!"
She wondered wide-eyed at my nervousness.
And I couldn't help but think, "Wait, my girl, till you have a daughter! May she bring you as many moments of nail gnawing delight!"

We came home and  celebrated with ice cream and the movie "White Christmas." We all snuggled on the futon and each child had a kitten in their lap. Dave and I met eyes over the tops of four little heads and I said to him, "I never want this moment to end. The kittens and kids and harps and us."
I'm pretty sure the kittens didn't share my sentiments.
To be honest, I didn't share them either in about 20 minutes. Bedtime.
Isn't it amazing how many emotions we can journey in a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...