Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Moments

Last night, after sitting in front of a smoking fire for an hour, I went out to get another log. I was astounded by the comforter of white downy snow tucking the yard in for the night. How did such beauty happen in so small a time?!

This morning I reached up in the cupboard for oatmeal bowls. As my elbow came back down it accosted a goblet that fled to the floor and shattered. It was a beautiful, thick, blue goblet my husband had given me for my birthday. I was astounded at the wreckage that occurred in such a brief amount of time.

It only takes a moment to break or to cover. A moment to shatter a soul with my words or to tuck insecurities and faults under a quilt of love and forgiveness. Words, sharp as shards or soft as snow.

The fire is smoking again tonight, I need to pry myself off this settee and get another log. It's the work of a moment but it makes all the difference.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...