Sunday, February 1, 2015

Overload


Since the holidays, I have been on overload. I am now going to share that overload in an attempt to feel less overloaded. Or  maybe it is simply because I have an hour to myself right now, as my husband and son make weapons of mass destruction and my daughter does homework and my other two are in bed.

On my birthday post I relayed the information that our beautiful trees were being executed. I have been reminded, once again, that there is beauty in death. The sunlight that lit up our previously dark living room almost took my breath away. Sunlight that came because of a cutting away.


After a lovely Christmas at home, we headed up to LaPine, and then onto the cottage, where we lived in a blur of activity and laughter. Truly a time I treasured.
Ice skating!



Sledding by tractor in the moonlight


My cottage decorating continues....here is the kitchen remodel so far.
this is how it looked when we bought it



this was the first phase
 
Not done yet, but getting there
Next...came Grant's birthday. He was given responsibility in the form of a gift. A precious gift that he named Comet.


Grant picked her out as a two week old baby

We brought her home at 6 weeks

She has become Grant's constant companion


Needless to say we've been in puppy heaven. Comet is so sweet. Grant got to learn how to wake in the night to puppy whines and take her out to potty. He feeds her, walks her, and trains her.

This last weekend we had a birthday party. Grant is growing up into a fun, loving, God-fearing man and part of this is reflected in who he has chosen for friends. These boys are kind, polite, and considerate. I feel tangible hope when I look at these boys and the men they are growing into.
The nicest boys ever, even if they are armed
I think that brings me up to date on Christmas, puppies, and teen birthdays. I no longer feel overloaded.
Now I can fix my sights on the next thing....
which happens to be Haiti!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...