Thursday, March 24, 2011

Learning from a Little Child

I awakened to a sweet boyish voice at ear level, "Good morning mama! Here's one of your favorite children!"
He climbed into bed with me. He rubbed his smelly little hands all over my face and said, "These are all kisses to you mama darling. Everywhere my hands touch is a kiss."

He left and I lay grinning into the still dark morning. The confidence my children have in my love amazes me. I am reminded of something... what is it? My mind teeters at the brink of a synapse... the neurotransmitters make a tremendous effort... the thought leaps and runs through my mind. It is this: "Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence." (Heb. 4)

The way Rowan awakened me, with utter confidence in my love and goodness to him, is the way I should come before God.

I laugh, the thoughts grande jette over the gaps, and I try it.

"Good morning God! It's one of your favorite children! May everything my hands touch today be a kiss to You. Amen."

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 18:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...