Saturday, March 19, 2011

Little Boys And Their Thoughts On Marriage

He sat deep in contemplation and I rubbed my hands together in anticipation. Rowan's contemplation produces hearty Mommy laughter without fail.

So I asked, "What are you thinking about baby?"
He didn't fail me.
"Oh I'm just thinking about my wife."
He's five.
"Really? What about her?"
"Well, she has ta be four things fore I'll murry her."
I reached for a pencil.
"What are those four things?"
"Well, she has to be cute. She can't argue with me. She better be unselfish. And I really want her to be curious."
"Like George, the monkey?"
"Yep, then I'll murry her if she's really good and does all those things."
"She'll be a very lucky girl Rowan."
"Yeah I know."

Grant and I also had a marriage conversation that was destined to be preserved as well.
He's a very kissy child and sometimes his kisses get a little too much.
So I kindly told him, "Grant, you need to save some of these kisses for your wife!"
"No, I've decided I'm not going to ever kiss my wife."
This was taking purity and courtship a bit too far.
"Grant, trust me, you're going to want to kiss your wife."
He shrugged and answered, "No, I won't, I don't like kissing anyone but you."
I mentally chewed on some replies while we sat in silence.
Suddenly he turned to me wide eyed, "You don't think she'll make me kiss her, do you?"
"Let's go make some popcorn."

I have a feeling these boys will be hearing about these conversations again someday......
like at their rehearsal dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...